The summer holidays are just near the corner. What about your plans this summer vacation? Are you planning for a short trip to India? Those who are looking ahead for a break and want to make everlasting memories with their loved ones, India offers some wonderful destinations for them.Let us find out the top 5 destinations that the Indian travel bloggers often prefer to visit, especially during the summer. Just take a look.
5. Gangtok: Gangtok is one of the most beautiful hill stations that people often plan to visit, especially in summer. The capital of Sikkim is profoundly known for mountains capped with clouds, lush vegetation, dancing valleys, and of course, the amazing Kanchenjunga.
How to Reach: Nearest Airport: Pakyong Airport – 22kms Nearest Rail: New Jalpaiguri in Siliguri – 148kms away.
Apart from its beauty, the hill station is well-noted for the Ranka Monastery, Tashi View Point, Nathula Pass the spellbound Indo-China route, and the zoological park. If you are a backpacker, then the trek to Chhangu Lake and Tsomgo lake will attract you the most.All these can easily be covered within 4 days and you can even extend for 3-4 days more if you want to explore north Sikkim.
4. Manali: The beauty of Manali is worth to visit in India this summer. It is a wonderful destination for both the honeymoon couples as well as for the backpackers. The snow-capped ranges teamed with green mountains offer a natural fresh air to breathe and a soothing environment to have a relaxed vacation. Manali is basically divided into 2 parts. The Old Manali is truly a paradise for the backpackers and the New Manali is especially meant for the love birds and family vacation. Unlike New Manali, you will hardly find any hotels or guest houses in the Old Manali but yeah, you will surely find some amazing hostels and room stays. Hence, if you are a backpacker or a solo traveler, you will definitely be pleased with this.
How to reach: Nearest Airport: Bhuntar – 50kms away from Manali Nearest Rail: Chandigarh – 291kms away
Road: via Delhi – 546kms away from Manali.
4 to 5 days are enough to travel the entire Manali and witness its beauty. Besides witnessing nature’s gift, you can even enjoy paragliding, zorbing, quad biking and other adventure sports in the Solang Valley, especially in this Summer. Many top travel motivators in Indiaprefer this place for its natural and adventurous beauty. If you are an adventure enthusiast then you should definitely not miss the trek to Jogini falls and if you want to know more about the history associated with Manali, then you should definitely go to Manu temple.
3. Gokarna: Next is Gokarna, one of the most favorable beaches in the state of Karnataka. The place is well-known for its paradisiacal beaches and sacred destination for Hindus. And that is the reason why the place is marked by foreigners traveling to India. From the ancient Mahabaleshwar Temple to the Half Moon or Paradise Beach, the place is just awesome. The Paradise beach is a heaven for the tourists, visiting there. It is mainly due to the phytoplanktons that the tourists are so inclined towards it and prefer a night trek there. You can’t believe it unless you visit there. Additionally, don’t forget to visit the Om beach, the beach is in the shape of Om and the Vibhooti falls. The Om beach is a lovely destination where you can get a breathtaking view of the sunset. The long stretch of white sandy beach aligned with the rocky terrain is quite appealing for the viewers. Apart from its appealing and magnified beauty, the beach engages the tourists in parasailing, entertainment activities, and other adventure sports.
How to Reach: Nearest Airport: Dabolim, Goa Nearest Rail: Ankola – 20kms away Even bus and cab services are also available from Bangalore and Goa.
2 nights and 3 days are enough to cover the entire beauty of Gokarna.
2. Shillong: One of the most appreciating places of the Indian Travel YouTubers is Shillong. If you are likely to visit heaven while you are alive, then of course, Shillong will be the ideal station to stop. Its natural beauty decked up with roaring and glistening waterfalls like Elephant falls and Nohkalikai falls is enough to take your breath away. You just need a break of 3 to 4 days to witness the beauty around you.
How to Reach: Nearest Airport: Shillong Airport Nearest Rail: Guwahati Station – 100kms away from Shillong Road: Bus from Guwahati every 30 mins
Shillong is a paradise for solo travelers and is an amazing place to spend your vacation with your family or friends. In Shilllong you must not miss witnessing the beauty of the Wards Lake.People mainly visit this spot to enjoy day picnics, dancing fountain shows or to relax at the cafeteria residing there. However, it is an ideal place for evening strolls as well. The magnified beauty that nature offers can be an amazing background for your social media DPs.
1. Spiti Valley: Finally, the most captivating destination that you must visit this summer is the Spiti Valley in Himachal Pradesh. The divine beauty of the enthralling snow-laden mountain ranges, the lush forests, the picturesque hamlets, and the heavenly lakes adds a paradise effect to the entire destination. Spiti valley is the remote destination and the best way to reach there is on road, on a bike. You may hire a bike from Chandigarh to reach there.There are two fundamental routes to reach the Spiti valley. One is the Shimla Route and another is the Manali route. However, you can cover the entire circuit by starting from the Shimla and end up in Manali.
How to reach:
While traveling via the long route you can witness some exciting stations like Kotgarch, Sangla Valley, Kalpa, Nako, Tabo, Kaza, and finally visit the Chandratal lake of the Spiti Valley. In return, via Rohtang Pass you can reach Manali. It is really an amazing expedition in India.If you are not likely to use this long route or go for such an expedition, you can even use the bus service from Kalpa to reach the Spiti Valley.
Reaching the destination may not be easy or spending a vacation there may not be cozy, you may even have to carry oxygen cans with you as it is a deserted place, but once you reach there you will find yourself in the heaven.7 nights and 8 days is enough to explore the whole Spiti Valley that includes Key Monastery, Tabo Monastery, Chandratal lake, Kunzum Pass, and Pin Valley National Park.Be it Manali, be it Gangtok or any other places in India, if you are a honeymoon couple or a backpacker, these places will definitely soothe your journey.
This blog site is made available to give you general information regarding travelling destinations and food. The blog information is authentic to the best of my knowledge and it can be prone to errors and absence of some key information. It is just an opinion-based content and does not provide any kind of professional advice. No one is supposed to use this blog as a substitute for advice they have received from a licensed professional. Hence the readers relying on the information supplied should be at their own risk. Though being a professional, I should not be held responsible for any of their actions.